Have you ever wanted to live in a dollhouse with grand stairs leading down to a huge hall? Well, as a girly girl when I was young, it has always been a dream, even to just own a miniature dollhouse! Now that I’ve all grown up, I can have a dollhouse full of makeup with Too Faced x Sephora Le Grand Palais!!!
Isn’t it the prettiest thing for Christmas?!
Too Faced Le Grand Palais is a limited edition holiday palette primarily consisting of eyeshadows and blushers, with a few deluxe-sized products thrown in to complement the powdered products.
It is packed in a nice gift box which opens up to reveal a grand stairs leading down to a beautiful soft pink palette full of gold details and an Eiffel Tower illustration (it’s an EIFFEL TOWER! *puppy eyes*).
With 18 eyeshadows, 4 cheek products, the signature Better Than Sex Mascara (deluxe), Melted Peony (deluxe) and Shadow Insurance (deluxe), Le Grand Palais is here to delight you this Christmas!
Overall, I find the palette to be rather bulky despite the effort being put into the intricate details. As a makeup hoarder, I find it hard to store this anywhere without taking up too much space. The outer packaging would probably end up in a recycling bin.
For this review, I will be focusing on the eyeshadows and cheek powders coupled with swatches and 2 easy-to-do holiday makeup looks which are still work-appropriate.
I’ve never had a Too Faced holiday palette but the brand is known for their Chocolate bar palettes (I have both Semi-Sweet and the original) which contain great quality eyeshadows. However, the quality of these pale in comparison to their usual. There’s just something about these limited edition palettes – they aren’t always produced in the best quality. There are a lot of chunky, glittery eyeshadows in here so get ready your best eyeshadow primer to make them stick.
I’ve swatched all 18 eyeshadows, 2 blushers, a highlighter and a bronzer on my arm for you so let’s get into the individual shades!
- Stardust – matte warm coral blush
- Skyline – semi-matte powdered baby pink blush
- Flush – satin soft light cream-gold highlighter
- Bun Bunny – satin warm orange-brown bronzer
- White Christmas – matte cool-tone white
- Satin Sheets – satin pink-peach with gold reflects
- Vintage Lace – matte yellow-cream
- Delightful – metallic pale baby pink
- Moon on Their Wings – pale light gold with chunky glitter (tons of fall out from this one)
- Cobblestone – matte warm medium brown (one of the best pigmentations)
- City Lights – satin warm orange-brown
- Dreamlight – satin/metallic dark brown with orange undertone (one of the best pigmentations)
- String of Lights – satin silvery white with purple/pink/blue micro glitter
- Yule Log – matte chocolate brown with gold micro glitter
- Wish List – satin/metallic warm gold (one of the best pigmentations)
- Arc de Triomphe – satin dusty rose with slight glitter
- Belle Femme – matte deep brown
- Stiletto – matte black with brown undertone
- Eiffel – satin olive-grey with olive and gold micro glitter
- Midnight in Paris – royal blue with chunky glitter
- Champs Élysées – metallic blackened purple
- Party Dress – bright hot fuchsia pink
My favourite shades are Cobblestone, String of Lights, Wish List and Midnight in Paris. String of Lights is really gorgeous with its multi-coloured reflects but this has a bit of fall out as well. While the mattes are beautifully formulated, I find that the chunky/glittery shades have got tons of fall out, especially Moon on their Wings. It literally turned my face into a disco ball after stepping outdoors for about an hour. While Midnight in Paris has rather poor pigmentation, it’s nice to have it reside on the lower lash line. You should use a powerful eyeshadow primer, or if not, some glitter glue to adhere the chunks of glitter.
If you’re looking for a wearable holiday makeup look, here are two I did using this palette!
Holiday Makeup #1 – Deck the Halls
This look is all about brightening the eyes by patting on a gold on the centre of the lids. Sweep on a dash of purple to make the look pop!
Can you see how the gold helped to create a holiday Christmasy effect? Gold is always nice to wear for the holiday season!
Holiday Makeup #2 – Sweet Tidings
This look is all about pink! I’ve used the various shades of pink, and of course, the most glittery of them all – Moon on Their Wings. You can really see the fall out around my eye area. Don’t be surprised, but I’m always spotted with bright colours on my lower lash line!
The 2 looks are pretty similar but they are really quite different. This one has less of a traditional Christmas feel, and is softer for those who prefer a sweeter outlook for the holidays. It’s overall very glittery but the photos just don’t do the look justice!
Well, I guess that concludes my review of the highly-coveted Le Grand Palais palette! Will this be on your wishlist? 😉
The Too Faced Le Grand Palais will retail for S$80, available in Sephora Singapore from 1 November 2015 onwards.
Create yourself and be gorgeous! ♡
Disclaimer: The above review is based on my true and honest opinion without influence from others. I am not affiliated nor compensated by any companies.