When it comes to beauty, the Koreans always strike first. If you think applying blush is easy, think again. The Koreans have now reinvented the steps to achieving the perfect flush with the Blush Layering trend – basically working on a combination of sheer colours to achieve natural blush, contouring and highlighting effects.
And yes, if you’ve been following social media, you’ll definitely not be a stranger to the LANEIGE Ideal Blush Duo collection that’s all over your feed. The collection, with natural and luminous hues, is designed perfectly for the Blush Layering trend, with two colours in each of the six unique palettes.
My First Impression
I quite like the shade selection in each palette, because each palette is carefully designed for you to achieve a certain look, whether it be a pure and innocent one, a sun-kissed glowy one or even a well-contoured one. The combination of two ideal colours into one palette, coupled with the blendability of the formula, lets you conveniently create a complexion you desire in the shortest amount of time.
The LANEIGE Ideal Blush Duo is available in 6 different colour combinations:
- No. 1 Lily Lavender – lavender and baby pink creates a pure and clean effect with a subtle hint of colour, ideal for pale and reddish skin tones
- No. 2 Peach Mint – the blurring effect of mint over pink coral creates a lovely coral makeup look and is also ideal for complexions with yellow or red undertones
- No. 3 Juicy Rose – a delightful layering of coral and pink for a bright and lively look suitable for all skin tones
- No. 4 California Coral – a mix of coral orange and gold pearl for a healthy look, creating the effect of sun-kissed skin
- No. 5 Ginger Berry – berry and ginger colours to create a sophisticated, feminine and sexy look
- No. 6 Woodblossom – a combination of brown and beige for a natural contouring look, creating an illusion of a v-line for a sharper face shape
Formulated with the Special Grinding Technology and the Cross-linking Binder system, the blush duos offer sheer colours with greater sheen and clarity, great for layering! However, though the formula is said to be “highly adhesive for excellent and ultra-long-lasting colour payoff that stays strong against sweat and sebum”, I must comment that not all of the shades perform the same way.
They are generally very blendable and easy to work with. However, only the deeper shades (with the exception of the highlighting shade from No. 4 California Coral) are much more pigmented and require a light hand during application. However, because the shades are matte and soft, I really enjoy working with them.
With each palette featuring different functions beyond just cheek colours, there is something for every occasion! My favourites are No. 1 Lily Lavender, No. 2 Peach Mint and No. 5 Ginger Berry. What are yours?
The LANEIGE Ideal Blush Duo retails for SGD39.00 each. It is available at all LANEIGE boutiques and counters, LAZADA Singapore and ZALORA Singapore.
Create yourself and be gorgeous! XOXO, Roanna.
Disclaimer: Products were provided by LANEIGE Singapore for consideration. The above review is based on my true and honest opinion and experience, without influence from others or the brand. It contains information from the brand. I am NOT affiliated nor compensated by the brand.