Have you ever encountered a beauty brand that manufactures products for every single aspect of beauty you can think of? From skincare to haircare, body care, makeup, fragrances, home candles and even men’s products! Bottega Verde started off as a small artisan herbalist shop in 1972 and was founded in the heart of the Tuscan countryside in Italy. Since then, the Italian brand has been working to provide not just Italy, but also 25 countries, with cosmetics containing natural ingredients.
Bottega Verde signifies putting together the teachings of science and nature. The brand since its establishment, has always been focusing on ideal of natural beauty, creating beauty products based solely on innovation and research on functional active botanical ingredients. Good news for us, the leading cosmetics manufacturer in Italy has made its way to Singapore!
Thanks to the team from Bottega Verde Singapore, I’ve got a chance to explore the new store in Suntec City. I didn’t manage to capture any photos due to my dying phone battery but I assure you, the store is amazingly well-stocked with infinite beauty products you can possibly explore!
After what seemed like non-stop testing and trying of products, I’ve bagged home some skincare and haircare products to try, namely:
- IDRAVITA Intense Moisturiser – works to intensely quench dehydrated skin. The rich and creamy texture targets the skin’s natural mechanisms of skin hydration.
- laluron Plus Anti-Wrinkle Serum – Contains hyaluronic acid concentrate to hydrate and help conserve the natural reserve of water in the skin tissue, giving volume and thus reduces the appearance of wrinkles and improves skin condition.
- Argan Oil – Restructures and disciplines dull, thinning and lifeless hair by instantly giving nourishment and shine.
Next was my favourite category in the beauty world – MAKEUP! Who’s not excited when it comes to makeup?! The funny thing was that the store owner was very surprised at my fascination for their makeup line because apparently, I am the only one who was drawn to the makeup line the brand carries. Well, you gotta talk about all aspects of the brand for a balanced review isn’t it? 😉
Anyway, here’s my haul after swatching and testing:
- Uva Rossa Intense Moisturising Lipstick – I picked Corallo (a nice bright coral) and Malva (an everyday mauve pink). Containing Red Grape extract and Hyaluronic Acid, these intense moisturising treatment also imbues your lips with rich colours. It is extremely long-lasting too and comfortable on the lips.
- Intense Shadow Baked Wet/Dry – I picked Scarabeo (a nice deep seafoam green) and Acqua Marina (a bright shimmery pale mermaid green). Contains Vitamin E and Jojoba Oil. Provides exceptional shading and excellent adhesion. When used dry, it offers a delicate and light finish while a contrasting deep intense pigmentation when used wet.
- My Color 24 Hour High-precision Eyeliner/Eyeshadow Stick – Picked the shade Ottania (a deep teal). Contains Vitamins C and E and is waterproof. An eyeshadow that is quick and simple to apply. Its creamy and springy texture coupled with intense pigmentation makes applying a breeze.
Because I was so fascinated by the lipstick colours, I spent a great deal of time trying to swatch all 10 shades in the store, and believe me, the staff were all fascinated by me too! >.< Anyway, here are ths swatches in one swipe. Amazing pigmentation and quality I must say.
Besides all that we’ve talked about, what got me even more attracted to the brand was the fact that they carry scents! Ever since I’ve started mingling with different scents and became friends with even more perfumes, I’ve grown to not being able to live without them. (Just kidding. Or maybe not.)
Of all the beautiful candles sitting on the shelves, Peonia Splendida was the one that appealed to me most. Perhaps the vibrant opening notes of citrus, peony and mandarin captivated my sense of smell or maybe the heart notes of what smells like a juicy floral cocktail of osmanthus, rose and orange blossom set my heart racing.. I can’t decide but I just know I love it! The base notes are sandalwood, patchouli and pink pepper. Oh, and the cute little packaging makes it perfect for a gift, don’t you think?
Talking about scents, did I mention there are perfumes and colognes too in Bottega Verde? Seriously, which brand makes everything?! Well, this one for me, was a no-brainer. Needless to say, the beautiful, graceful flacon with the sweet little chiffon flower caught my attention but it was the opening blend of Lemon, Cassis, Peach and Leafy greens that made me fell in love.
Being a lover of Rose, Violet and Lily of the Valley scents, I was enthralled by its heart notes! It’s made up of Rose, Violet, Lily of the Valley and Mulberry. What coincidence to have 3 out of 4 being my favourites! Well, even though I still prefer to have them in separate blends, the overall combination makes the Eau de Parfum smells like fresh linen. I wasn;t too fancy of its base notes of Sandalwood, Cedarwood and Musk though. The fragrance lasts for about 4-6 hours.
I guess this sums up my haul from Bottega Verde, courtesy of the marketing team! It was much fun being able to personally experience and pick items to try from the rows and rows of shelves in the store coupled with the help of the staff. The next time you’re in town, don’t forget to head down to the store in Suntec City to get yourself in a world of Italian beauty!
Please head to the lipsticks section if you’re a lover of lip colours like me. I promise you won’t regret. You can refer to my swatches above again if you’re undecided. Hahahaha, that shows how much I really love the lippies.
Create yourself and be gorgeous!
Disclaimer: Products were provided by Bottega Verde Singapore but handpicked by me for consideration. The above review is based on my true and honest opinion and experience, without influence from others or the brand. It does contain information from the brand itself. I am NOT affiliated nor compensated by the brand.