Baby it’s cold outside, won’t you come in and warm yourself up? 😉
It’s the Christmas season once again and you’ll see loads of Holiday collections launching everywhere. What have you got your eyes set on? Well, it’s a no brainer for me. Too Faced once again nails it with their holiday palettes and makeup gift sets with the theme, Christmas in New York. The Too Faced Grand Hotel Café is my absolute favourite and beats all other hands down!
Literally, this luxurious box opens up to a “hotel café”, housing 3 coffee-scented palettes fit for the weather and season. It just smells like Christmas! Isn’t the packaging cute? Too Faced never fails to impress with their beautiful illustrations on every single palette/product. All those details~
So there’s a deluxe-sized Better Than Sex Mascara (not in picture) together with 3 palettes that contain 6 matte and shimmer eyeshadows plus a cheek colour each. They smell so much like their names!
The 3 palettes are:
- Peppermint Mocha (my favourite!)
- Eggnog Latte
- Gingerbread Cookie
Pink and burgundy are my go-to colours this holiday season, so the Peppermint Mocha palette was the one that captivated me the most. Not to mention it smells like the Peppermint Mocha in one of Starbucks’ Christmas frappucino selection!
The palette’s colours are very versatile and easy to work with because they complement each other to give you a feminine look. You can even smoke it out with the darker brown for a sexy night look.
The shades in the palette are:
- Peppermint Cream – matte white
- Christmas Blend – shimmer champagne
- Peppermint Mocha – metallic chocolate bronze
- Candy Cane – matte baby pink
- Sprinkles – metallic warm burgundy
- Coffee Chip – metallic dark brown
- Santa Baby – neutral pink blush
Here are swatches and a makeup look using all the colours. For the purpose of the review, I’ve created 3 makeup looks using all shades in the palettes.
For a classic, more neutral Christmas, you’d want to opt for the Eggnogg Latte palette. Seriously, I am in love with how this palette smells like. I mean like, it smells like a yummy Christmas drink, how can one not love this?
This palette contains deeper shades for a fall/winter look:
- Frosty Nog – matte pale white/cream
- Eggnog Latte – shimmer pale yellow gold
- Iced Coffee – metallic warm gold bronze
- Skinny Latte – matte neutral brown
- Cold Brew – brown with gold shimmer
- Central Park – metallic forest green
- Peach Cobbler – matte peach blush
Generally, the shades are pretty pigmented like all the other palettes, with the exception of a few mattes being a little more powdery than usual. With Eggnog Latte, you’ll find that the pale peach blush adds a bit of warmth and colour on the cool tones in the eyeshadows, which is a good balance.
Opt for a darker red lipstick and you’re all set to rock those Christmas parties and steal the limelight!
And of course, how can I forget Gingerbread Cookie? The Gingerbread Cookie palette is your ideal palette for a smokey eye look. If you’re going for night parties, or heading out for a drinks night, you’ll want to sport some sexy smokey cat eyes to hook your date 😉
I like that amidst the darker shades, there’s a shimmery pink that you can apply to the entire eyelid as a base colour for that sparkly effect. The shades in this palette are:
- Ginger Cream – matte pale beige
- Maple Syrup – matte neutral medium brown
- Ginger Snap – metallic warm orange gold
- Winter Dream – metallic pale moscato pink with pink shimmers
- Cup of Joe – matte deep chocolate brown with gold and pink micro-shimmers
- Black Coffee – matte black
- Gingerbread – matte warm bronzer
Woohoo, there goes all my makeup looks experimenting with the Too Faced Grand Hotel Café! I had so much fun creating these looks. Now now, which is your favourite?
The Too Faced Grand Hotel Café retails for SGD76 at all Sephora stores and Sephora.sg.
Create yourself and be gorgeous! XOXO, Roanna
Disclaimer: Product was provided by Too Faced for consideration. The above review is based on my true and honest opinion and experience, without influence from others or the brand. It does contain information from the brand itself. I am NOT affiliated nor compensated by the brand.