“Shine bright like a DIAMOND… We’re beautiful like DIAMONDS in the sky…”
Anyone remembers the song above? I think it’s a no-brainer. Anyway, they say that “diamonds are a girl’s best friend”, but I think that DIAMOND-INSPIRED MAKEUP is even better! Inspired by Creative Director, Jerrod Blandino’s love of diamonds, Too Faced launches its Pretty Rich Collection (finally in Singapore)!
Pretty Rich celebrates Jerrod’s appreciation for the luxurious colour, shine, and glimmer of multi-coloured gemstones. This collection was designed to incorporate a variety of textures, shades and finishes – just like precious stones. Is this a hit or a miss? I think it’s a sparkling YES!
Pretty Rich Diamond Light Eye Shadow Palette
I’ll start from my favourite product in the collection – the Pretty Rich Diamond Light Eye Shadow Palette. Housed in a gorgeous Too Faced baby pink box that resembles a Cartier jewelry case, the palette consists of 16 shades of vivid glitters, creamy mattes, opulent shimmers, and precious pearlescent shades (4 glitters, 4 mattes, 8 shimmers). These shadows are made to be layered in infinite ways to mimic the multi-faceted beauty of real diamonds.
What is unique about the palette is the four diamond-shaped pressed gel-glitter shadows on each row. The spanking formula allow for self-adhesion to minimise glitter fall-out so your eyes stay dazzling all-day every day!
The 16 shades are categorised neatly in 4 rows, with each taking a theme that allows you to create a full eye makeup look:
- Diamonds 4 Breakfast – pale gold gel-glitter
- It’s Designer! – matte pale cream
- Fancy That – matte light coffee brown
- Filthy Rich – deep gold with copper duo-tone
- Clutch Your Pearls – pearlescent white with lilac/pink reflects
- Princess Cut – princess pink with a light gold reflect
- Diamond Glitterati – pink gel-glitter
- Highly Selective – deep shimmery dusty rose
- Fluent In Diamonds – rich gold gel-glitter
- It’s Cashmere – matte light caramel
- Don’t Carat All – gold shimmer with pale peachy reflect
- Oh, That’s Rich! – matte deep chocolate brown
- Coal Under Pressure – matte grey-black with silver micro-glitter
- Silver Spoon – metallic blue-grey
- Set The Jewel Tone – shimmery sapphire blue
- Diamond Life – multi-coloured gel-glitter
Rich & Dazzling High-Shine Sparkle Lip Gloss
Just when we thought lip gloss was a thing of the past, it made its comeback in 2018. Since this collection is all about sparkle and glamour, how can we not have an array of lip glosses to complement the range?
The Rich & Dazzling High-Shine Sparkle Lip Gloss, with 6 shades, is here to bring dimension to your lips with an innovative, cushiony and comfortable texture. Enriched with natural oils and a unique blend of light-reflecting glitters and pearls, the lip gloss provides an extra-luxurious look and feel to complement your “Diamond” look, sans the sticky-icky feeling!
The 6 shades are:
- All the Stars – transparent gloss with multi-coloured shimmer
- Sunset Crush – nude gloss with rose gold shimmer
- Social Butterfly (by influencer Jordyn Woods) – light peachy nude gloss with pink and gold shimmer
- Pretty Penny – copper nude gloss with gold shimmer
- Raisin the Roof – mauvy nude gloss with pink and silver shimmer
- 401K – fuchsia gloss with purple/blue iridescent shimmer
Diamond Fire Highlighter
Let it glow, let it glow, let it glow~ (Okay I think I’ve sang this phrase enough hahaha.) Well, LET YOUR FACE GLOW with the Diamond Fire Highlighters! These prismatic highlighters are infused with real crushed diamond powder and light-reflecting pearls, say whaaaaat?! Talk about luxury!
I am a fan of the original Diamond Fire, and this little baby now has friends! All 3 highlighters feel extra luxe with a dual-tone shift as it reflects light at different angles. The powders have buildable pay-off as well, hence you can either achieve a natural highlighting effect or an intense strobe look depending on the occasion.
- (The original) Diamond Fire – a rainbow highlighter with pink, blue, and gold shades. This liquid to powder formula is hand-poured such that no two highlighters will ever look the same – just like a real diamond.
- Fancy Pink Diamond – a dual-tone pink highlighter powder for an ethereal, custom glow.
- Canary Diamond – a luminous honey-yellow & peachy-gold highlighter for a custom highlight.
Diamond Light Highlighting Brush
Pair your Diamond Fire Highlighters with the ultimate highlighting brush – the Diamond Light Highlighting Brush! The cruelty-free, vegan-friendly Teddy Bear Hair™ bristles are super soft, making it a dream to blend powders and even liquid makeup such as foundations and concealers.
To be frank, although this brush is super cute with its faceted “jewel-like” handle and pink brush head, I don’t think it’s a must-have in this collection. No doubt the size of the dome head lays down quite a good amount of pigment for precise payoff and easy blending, I still very much prefer a fan brush for highlighting. Nevertheless, it sure does a good job in blending my concealer. ?
Better Than Sex (& Diamonds) Mascara
Pretty much one of the best mascaras out there for the U.S., but I personally don’t fancy this because of my oily lids. This smudges on me really badly and I much prefer the Better Than Sex Waterproof as compared to this. I love this cute packaging though! I kinda thought that they would encrust this with crystals instead of having mini circles of silver.
Glow Job Radiance-Boosting Glitter Face Mask – Disco Glow
Before the Lunar New Year, why not pamper your skin and give yourself a GLOW JOB? Yes, a glow job not a bl… Anyway, the Glow Job Radiance-Boosting Glitter Face Mask is finally here in Singapore for the first time! We’ve had the original glitter face mask out for quite a while, but it somehow never made it to our Sephora stores. I’m so excited to share that the Disco Glow version will finally be in stock!
Disco Glow is a radiance-boosting glitter peel-off mask infused with diamond powder. The (literally) illuminating and smoothing mask is supercharged with Rosa Canina* and apple extracts for a healthy, luminous glow. In addition, it exfoliates and lifts away dullness, leaving skin smooth with a fresh sweet scent, kinda like strawberries.
*a.k.a. Dog rose or rose hip, a wild rose species found in Europe known for providing radiance and its anti-aging purposes
While the mask is said to provide radiance to the skin, it may not be friendly to sensitive skin users especially since the mask contains a chunk of glitter. I’ve personally used it, and my skin did not react, but I’d say please do a patch test before you get a glow job (inuendo intended).
The Too Faced Pretty Rich collection has launched on Sephora Singapore online and in-stores.
Forget diamonds, let’s just all be drippin’ in makeup!
Create yourself and be gorgeous!
Disclaimer: Products were provided by Too Faced for consideration. The above review is based on my true, honest opinion and experience, without influence from others or the brand. It contains information from the brand. I am NOT affiliated to nor compensated by the brand.